My comprehensive meal plan that includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is here!
Butternut Squash Risotto
Last night we had butternut quash for dinner. My mouth was watering while I took this picture. I just love squash in the fall. I found the butternut squash at the farmers market and the recipe from the food network. We had this because it was on my meal plan list for the week. Every sunday I make a weekly list, Why? because I am tired of this conversation with my husband, it goes something like this "Honey what do you want for dinner," his reply "whatever you want for dinner."
To avoid this I came up with this idea. I wrote out a list of food/meals we like to eat and a list of foods and recipes we would like to try. And every saturday or sunday I make a list from these two lists, I know, I know, alittle listy but here are 5 reasons to make a list!
5 Reasons to make a list!
1. It saves time and money- I go to the grocery store once and get eveything I need. Before I was trying to think of something off the top of my head and then I would have to run to the store because I didn't have an ingredient. Plus you can by things on sale and stock up!
2. I eat healthier. It helps me avoid that last minute desperate poor food decision. And who doesn't want to eat better?
3. I know what meat I have to take out of the freezer the night before. I make turkey burgers to freeze this way I only prep once for two or three meals. I'll post this recipe later!
4. You remember to eat what you have bought. I felt like we wasted food sometime but less now that I have a list!
5. I don't hear meatloaf again, whatever you want to eat, or what's for dinner, anymore!